- e-Learning ** NEW **
- UKPIA/SPA Petrol Update, Improve & Renew (Refresher)
- UKATA approved (Cat. A) Asbestos Awareness Course
- UKATA Approved Working with Non-Licensed Asbestos (Cat-B)
- IPAF (Dual) Mobile Vertical (3a) + (3b) Mobile Boom - Operator
- IPAF - Triple product (1b, 3a & 3b)
- IPAF Harness Use and Inspection
- PASMA - Mobile Access Tower for Users
- SMSTS - Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (CITB)
- SMSTS - Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (Refresher)
- SSSTS - Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (CITB)
- CCNSG Safety Passport (2-day)
- Site Supervisors’ Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) Refresher Site Safety Plus (CITB)
- Site Safety Plus - Health and Safety Awareness (CITB)
- CDM (2007) Awareness
- Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme (SEATS) (CITB)
- Temporary Works Co-ordinator (Site Safety Plus)
- First Aid at Work (3-days)
- First Aid at Work Re-qualification
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- SPA - Food and Drink Safety Passport
- SPA - Food and Drink Safety Passport (Refresher)
- Fire Marshal/Warden Certificate Course
- Practical Fire Safety Awareness Course
- IOSH Managing Safely
- IOSH Working Safely
- IPAF MEWPs for Managers
- PASMA - Low Level Access
- CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Retail
- IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management (e-learning/disance learning)
- IEMA Associate Certificate in Environmental Management (e-learning/distance learning)
- OHSAS 18001:2007 Implementation
- OHSAS 18001 Lead Auditor *IRCA Certified A17036
- ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management Training
- ISO 14001:2004 Lead Environmental Auditor IEMA Approved
- ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems (QMS) Lead Auditor Training Course
"Our business has grown from a start-up in 2002 to market leader in our industry. From the very start, we have taken advice and guidance from SMTS and always found them supportive, flexible and keen to assist.
The feedback from our teams attending their wide range of courses is always positive, and we see them as a key supply chain partner."
Steve Martin, Xmo Strata Ltd
2009 IOSH Award winner
Practical people giving practical advice
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- SMTS Ltd has a team of Health and Safety practitioners spread across the UK
- Our consiltants are exceptionally well experienced in supporting businesses of all sizes with their Health and Safety needs.
- Our professional and practical approach gives you the reassurance you need to know that you are compliant with legislation.
- Our flexible service enables you to pick and choose what level of support you need and in what areas of your business to suit your specific requirements.
- Not sure what you need? Why not ask for our free consultation call and speak with one of our consultants to get a better idea of what support you require - Click here
Please download our Consultancy brochure <click here> or read on for more details of some of the services we can offer you.
With legislation continuously becoming more complex, companies have an increasing number of issues to resolve. We provide a variety of practical, flexible health and safety consultancy solutions.
Whether we are employed solely to consult on health and safety or cross over into providing training services as well, we carry out a critical review at the start of each project.
This review of current practice, processes and procedures is a vital part in us doing our job properly, allowing us to put into motion action plans that are right for your organisation and its activities; rather than installing a generic system that can often be of little use.
- Full Health & Safety Management Systems
- Gap Analysis and Traning Needs Analysis
- Fire Safety - including Fire Risk Assessments
- Risk Assessments
- Safety Method Statements
- Small Policy Documentation
- Health and Safety Audits and Reviews
- Supply Chain Management /Contractor HSSE Accreditations
- Petroleum Industry Expertise
Full Health & Safety Management Systems - SMTS has expertise in designing comprehensive and integrated health and safety management systems, which have the capability to ‘flex’ with any company enlargement and/or diversification. In addition, we have experience at reviewing existing systems and identifying any shortcomings. We pride ourselves on our enthusiasm in providing pragmatic solutions to address any weaknesses.
Some of the pivotal aspects highlighted below can be commissioned as unique entities, or as part of a total review:
Gap Analysis / Training Needs Analysis - Understanding where you are starting from is absolutely essential when you embark on the journey of improving workplace safety performance. One of our consultants will sit with you to help to identify where any shortcomings in policies and procedures might exist in your current system and guide you through a plan of action to ensure that your Safety Management System and your workforce are compliant with legislation in all aspects of policy, procedure and workforce competence.
Risk Assessments - Modern health and safety revolves around the ‘hazard’ generator - understanding precisely what risks are created and, more importantly, what has to be done to put things right if things are not. The risk assessments we undertake reflect the nature and complexity of the process; i.e. if it’s simple and safe, then so should the risk assessment be. We do not over-complicate things for the sake of it.
Safety Method Statements - Subsequent to the risk assessment is the need to provide basic and clear instructions (as staff may not all be experienced). The Safety Method Statements we draw up take the operator through the process in a way that will ensure their health and safety (and for those around them, such as colleagues and the public). This is achieved by writing and explaining matters in a language and style that the workforce will understand.
Small Policy Documentation - If there are certain aspects of your overall health and safety management system missing or out-of-date, then we can produce policy and procedure documentation (e.g. Lone Working, Hours of Work, Drugs and Alcohol, etc) in a way that integrates perfectly with existing documents and reflects your company vision and aims. This process is defined and initiated by an SMTS review visit.
Health and Safety Audits and Reviews - Many companies have excellent policies and procedures and/or processes; however, they are unsure about what actually happens at a site or location away from the confines and supervision of a head office. SMTS specialises in site audits, and determines the degree and extent of site compliance. Typically, these identify a variety of areas for improvement, such as a lack of knowledge/awareness, which is often easily addressed through additional training.
Supply Chain Management / Contractor HSSE Accreditations - We have designed accreditation processes for a number of clients that critically appraise the ability and appropriateness of supply chains to deliver their services in a safe way. These accreditations can easily be adapted for you and your supply chain, resulting in marked improvements in performance and attitude, and with little interaction on your part. We have evidence of how our accreditations have reduced incidents, whilst enhancing the culture and increasing numbers of near misses reported; enabling remedial actions to be taken prior to any accident. SMTS already handles a number of clients’ accreditations, one of which has a supply chain of more than 300 companies.
Petroleum Industry Expertise - We provide a range of specialist services - from direct consultancy for some of the largest oil companies through to diverse training activities unique to petroleum retail. [Learn more here]