- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- NEBOSH International General Certificate
- NEBOSH International Construction Certificate
- NEBOSH International Fire Safety and Risk Management Certificate
- NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work
- IOSH Directing Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely
- IOSH Working Safely
- UKATA recognised (Cat. A) Asbestos Awareness Course
- SMSTS - Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (CITB)
- SMSTS - Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (Refresher)
- SSSTS - Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (CITB)
- UKPIA/SPA Petrol Retail Contractors Safety Passport
- UKPIA/SPA Petrol Retail Contractors Safety Passport (Refresher)
- SPA - Food and Drink Safety Passport
- SPA - Food and Drink Safety Passport (Refresher)
- CCNSG Safety Passport (2-day)
- First Aid at Work (3-days)
- First Aid at Work Re-qualification
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Fire Marshal/Warden Certificate Course
- Practical Fire Safety Awareness Course
- IPAF - Triple product (1b, 3a & 3b)
- IPAF (Dual) Mobile Vertical (3a) + (3b) Mobile Boom - Operator
- IPAF MEWPs for Managers
- PASMA - Mobile Access Tower for Users
- PASMA - Low Level Access
- CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Retail
CONFINED SPACE ENTRY - HIGH RISKSMTS0014
Investment has been made to develop a multi-use confined space practical training facility. The facility is monitored by Infra-Red CCTV, allowing delegates to see activity within the internal confined spaces. Functionally can be changed according to customer requirements to replicate working environments (flooding, gas, etc). Confined Space Low Risk courses are delivered within City & Guilds approved HSS Training Centres at Staples Corner (London), Solihull and Leeds.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
On completion of the course delegates shall be competent in:
Understanding current legislation regarding confined space entry.
Recognising types of confined spaces and their associate hazards.
Implement control measures to eliminate or reduce potential risks.
Implementing control measures to eliminate or reduce potential risks.
Organising and implementing appropriate accident and emergency procedures.
The safe use and maintenance of escape breathing apparatus.
The safe use and maintenance of working breathing apparatus.
• The Confined Spaces Regulations 1997
• Identification of risks and their control
• Workplace safety
• Weil’s Disease and sewage decontamination
• Hazardous atmospheres and gas monitoring
• The risk assessment process
• Operation of safe systems of work
• Use of permit to work control measures
• Personal Protective Equipment
• Selection of suitable equipment
• IP ratings, intrinsically safe and ATEX approved
• Equipment pre-use inspection and safe operation
• Fall arrest systems
• Emergency procedures
• Self contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) - theory
• Self contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) - practical
• Oxygen Resuscitation and Breathing Apparatus Entry Control Officer (BAECO) procedures
• Theory test
• Practical training
• Practical assessment
Those working within high risk confined spaces. This in depth, highly practical, course is designed for delegates who enter confined spaces such as manholes, shafts, chambers, culverts etc., or those who assist with confined space operations. This course aims to improve safety awareness and provide training and practice in the use of specialised equipment and procedures for individuals. Working breathing apparatus training is also included.
The work environment will be entered using self-contained breathing apparatus and will involve non-standard entries involving complex operations which will introduce additional risk and require specific controls and arrangements.
None required – but as the course involves a practical element, delegates are required to bring the following PPE to the course: Safety Helmet, Safety Boots, Gloves and Overalls.
Delegates successfully completing the course will be awarded a City & Guilds - Level 2 Qualification
Price includes registration, certification and exam fees.
|12/06/2013||London - Staples Corner||MAP||£550||[BOOK] [ ENQUIRE]||Open|
|03/07/2013||Leeds||MAP||£550||[BOOK] [ ENQUIRE]||Open|
|* prices are from per person, excluding VAT|