- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- NEBOSH International General Certificate
- NEBOSH International Construction Certificate
- NEBOSH International Fire Safety and Risk Management Certificate
- NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work
- IOSH Directing Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely
- IOSH Working Safely
- UKATA recognised (Cat. A) Asbestos Awareness Course
- SMSTS - Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (CITB)
- SMSTS - Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (Refresher)
- SSSTS - Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (CITB)
- UKPIA/SPA Petrol Retail Contractors Safety Passport
- UKPIA/SPA Petrol Retail Contractors Safety Passport (Refresher)
- SPA - Food and Drink Safety Passport
- SPA - Food and Drink Safety Passport (Refresher)
- CCNSG Safety Passport (2-day)
- First Aid at Work (3-days)
- First Aid at Work Re-qualification
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Fire Marshal/Warden Certificate Course
- Practical Fire Safety Awareness Course
- IPAF - Triple product (1b, 3a & 3b)
- IPAF (Dual) Mobile Vertical (3a) + (3b) Mobile Boom - Operator
- IPAF MEWPs for Managers
- PASMA - Mobile Access Tower for Users
- PASMA - Low Level Access
- CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Retail
NEBOSH NATIONAL GENERAL CERTIFICATESMTS0022
11 Days (2 split weeks and 1 day for exam).
The NEBOSH National General Certificate course is split into 3 modules:
NGC1 & NGC2 are delivered in a classroom and assessed by means of a 2 hr written exam per module. NGC3 is a practical application project to be conducted at your place of work (or another location as arranged by SMTS if required)
Our NEBOSH National General Certificate courses are scheduled in such a way as to allow sufficient time between each module, and between NGC2 and the exam, for candidates to conduct their own private study and for revision and exam preparation. This course structure has been identified by NEBOSH as having produced the highest average pass rate and also the highest average grade of pass. Giving our candidates the best possible chance of not only passing but also for achieving a higher grade.
We offer a schedule of Open NEBOSH National General Certificate courses at selected locations around the UK. Our 2010/11 schedule includes:
- London Central (EC2M)
Please scroll down to see our full course schedule with links to venue maps.
Alternatively, we are happy to deliver the training at client specific locations globally.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
This course is split into 2 weeks and is an examined basic qualification for people involved in health and safety at work. It is designed specifically to provide the necessary knowledge for non-specialists to be able to understand and carry out their roles effectively in the work place.
OUR PASS RATES
Undertaking the NEBOSH National General Certificate course requires significant commitment, both financially and your personal application. We believe that such a commitment from your side deserves the very best from the organisation delivering your course. Every aspect of yourcourse from the tutor and course materials to the environment in which you are studying will influence the end result. SMTS Ltd is confident that our tutor team and our selected venues will give you the best possible chance of not only passing the NEBOSH National Genreal Certificate course but passing it well.
This belief is supported by our excellent pass rates and average grades.
- NGC1: 87%
- NGC2: 93%
- NGC3: 97%
Overall First-time Pass rate: 83% (84% of successful candidates achieved Credit or Distinction grades)
[Pass rates include all results received up until 1st March 2010]
In the [statistically unlikely] eventuality that you need to re-sit any of the Unit papers SMTS offer our candidates a free re-sit on the next available/convenient date.
WHAT OUR STUDENTS SAY...
"...It was one of the most challenging things that I have done, learning a relatively new area away from my normal line of work. However, this was made possible through the exceptional service which was provided by SMTS."
W.P. - NEBOSH National General Certificate [Credit], 2009
To read W.P.'s full testimonial click here
* * * * * * * * * * * *
"...can i take this time to say thank you for all the things that you and SMTS have done for me while I was taking my studies with you. You have helped me from the minute I phoned you regarding the course. Also all the help that I received from the girls in the office to a fantastic course tutor, Bill.
I will have no hesitation in putting SMTS forward for anyone I know that is looking to take the NEBOSH GC."
S.L. - NEBOSH National General Certificate, 2009
- Safety and health foundations – understanding the legal, moral & economic requirements in order to maintain good safety systems and standards in health and safety within an organisation
- Safety and health management - developing positive and effective health and safety cultures within organisations, and the setting of safety policies, roles and responsibilities.
- Monitoring, auditing and reviewing – preparing and performing reviews and audits along with understanding the importance of proactive and reactive health and safety monitoring measures.
- Risk assessment – Identifying hazards and risks in the workplace, carrying out risk assessments and recording and reviewing the findings.
- Principles of control – understanding the strategies for controlling hazards and reducing risks and how to apply and manage safe systems of work.
- Accident investigation – understanding the processes and procedures for reporting and investigation accidents at work, including RIDDOR requirements.
- Movement of people, vehicles and loads – understanding the risks involved with pedestrian and vehicle operations, manual handling and lifting and moving of equipment.
- Work equipment – understanding the risks associated with tools and machinery including electrical equipment.
- Construction safety – identifying the hazards and precautions required for safe construction work and recognising some of the common health hazards such as vibration, noise, asbestos, substances etc.
- Physical and psychological health hazards - such as task and workstation design, the work environment (including welfare facilities), noise, heat, stress and violence etc.
- Fire safety - identifying fire hazards and risks and providing fire prevention measuressuch as equipment, alarm systems and emergency procedures.
- Control of substances hazardous to health - recognition of chemical and biological hazards and the associated risks and controls of exposure including surveys, safety data sheets and monitoring techniques.
The course is targeted at managers, supervisors, safety representatives and any non-health and safety specialists who need a grounding and recognised health and safety qualification.
Delegates who successfully complete two x 2 hour written papers (NGC1 & NGC2), plus a practical assessment (NGC3) will receive a NEBOSH National General Certificate.
Download this course content information: Click here (pdf)
Award of this qualification also affords the delegate Tech IOSH membership and/or AIIRSM post-nominal designatory status on application to IOSH or IIRSM respectively.
COURSE PACKAGEThe price of this course is subject to vat (at the standard rate) but includes:
|29/07/2013||Manchester Wk1 29/07/13 Wk2 12/08/13 Exam 06/09/13||£995||[BOOK] [ ENQUIRE]||Open|
|05/08/2013||Dartford Wk1 05/08/13 Wk2 19/08/13 Exam 06/09/13||£995||[BOOK] [ ENQUIRE]||Open|
|09/09/2013||Leeds Wk1 09/09/13 Wk2 30/09/13 Exam 21/10/13||£995||[BOOK] [ ENQUIRE]||Open|
|16/09/2013||London Wk1 16/09/13 Wk2 07/10/13 Exam 21/10/13||£995||[BOOK] [ ENQUIRE]||Open|
|14/10/2013||Solihull Wk1 14/10/13 Wk2 04/11/13 Exam 06/12/13||£995||[BOOK] [ ENQUIRE]||Open|
|21/10/2013||Bristol Wk1 21/10/13 Wk2 11/11/13 Exam 06/12/13||£995||[BOOK] [ ENQUIRE]||Open|
|28/10/2013||Manchester Wk1 28/10/13 Wk2 18/11/13 Exam 06/12/13||£995||[BOOK] [ ENQUIRE]||Open|
|04/11/2013||Dartford Wk1 04/11/2013 Wk2 25/11/13 Exam 06/12/13||£995||[BOOK] [ ENQUIRE]||Open|
|* prices are from per person, excluding VAT|