- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- NEBOSH International General Certificate
- NEBOSH International Construction Certificate
- NEBOSH International Fire Safety and Risk Management Certificate
- NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work
- IOSH Directing Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely
- IOSH Working Safely
- UKATA recognised (Cat. A) Asbestos Awareness Course
- SMSTS - Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (CITB)
- SMSTS - Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (Refresher)
- SSSTS - Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (CITB)
- UKPIA/SPA Petrol Retail Contractors Safety Passport
- UKPIA/SPA Petrol Retail Contractors Safety Passport (Refresher)
- SPA - Food and Drink Safety Passport
- SPA - Food and Drink Safety Passport (Refresher)
- CCNSG Safety Passport (2-day)
- First Aid at Work (3-days)
- First Aid at Work Re-qualification
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Fire Marshal/Warden Certificate Course
- Practical Fire Safety Awareness Course
- IPAF - Triple product (1b, 3a & 3b)
- IPAF (Dual) Mobile Vertical (3a) + (3b) Mobile Boom - Operator
- IPAF MEWPs for Managers
- PASMA - Mobile Access Tower for Users
- PASMA - Low Level Access
- CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Retail
FIRST AID TRAINING
The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 require that in order to provide first aid to their employees who are injured or become ill at work, employers must have adequate and appropriate equipment, facilities and personnel. This will be determined by an employers risk assessment with provision of trained people being a paramount consideration.
SMTS is a nationally recognised training provider in the delivery of First Aid training. We are a HSE approved organisation with all our trainers being professionally qualified and highly experienced. Our first aid training courses are a combination of theoretical and practical sessions designed to enhance knowledge and practical confidence. First aid training courses are advertised nationally or can be run in-house to suit your needs. They are specifically designed to equip learners with the skills, knowledge and confidence to administer first aid effectively, appropriately and safely, whatever the circumstances.
SMTS offers the following first aid courses:
First Aid At Work is the HSE’s approved First Aid course which is run over 18 hours, usually equating to three days training and involves theoretical and practical elements. The course is designed give delegates the knowledge and confidence to deal with a first aid emergency in the workplace. It is aimed at designated workplace first aiders, or anyone wanting a comprehensive introduction to first aid.
The course is usually run as three consecutive days but can be split if necessary. After completing a final assessment, successful candidates will receive a HSE approved certificate which is valid for three years, after which re-qualification becomes necessary.
First Aid At Work Re-qualification is aimed at First Aiders who need to renew their First Aid At Work certificate. The re-qualification course is designed to update and refresh people’s knowledge and covers both theoretical and practical sessions. After completing a final assessment and practical skills test, successful candidates will receive the full HSE approved First Aid at Work certificate which is again valid for a further three years.
Emergency First Aid at Work is ideally aimed for smaller, or lower risk work places that present few health and safety risks, where a nominated or appointed person is required to take charge in the event of an injury, accident or illness. It will cover basic emergency aid and workplace health and safety regulations and is a combination of theoretical and practical sessions.
The course is usually run over one day, and delegates are assessed by the trainer on an ongoing basis throughout the day. Delegates who successfully complete the course, including the practical assessments will receive an SMTS training certificate (HSE approved).