- e-Learning ** NEW **
- UKPIA/SPA Petrol Update, Improve & Renew (Refresher)
- UKATA approved (Cat. A) Asbestos Awareness Course
- UKATA Approved Working with Non-Licensed Asbestos (Cat-B)
- IPAF (Dual) Mobile Vertical (3a) + (3b) Mobile Boom - Operator
- IPAF - Triple product (1b, 3a & 3b)
- IPAF Harness Use and Inspection
- PASMA - Mobile Access Tower for Users
- SMSTS - Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (CITB)
- SMSTS - Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (Refresher)
- SSSTS - Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (CITB)
- CCNSG Safety Passport (2-day)
- Site Supervisors’ Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) Refresher Site Safety Plus (CITB)
- Site Safety Plus - Health and Safety Awareness (CITB)
- CDM (2007) Awareness
- Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme (SEATS) (CITB)
- Temporary Works Co-ordinator (Site Safety Plus)
- First Aid at Work (3-days)
- First Aid at Work Re-qualification
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- SPA - Food and Drink Safety Passport
- SPA - Food and Drink Safety Passport (Refresher)
- Fire Marshal/Warden Certificate Course
- Practical Fire Safety Awareness Course
- IOSH Managing Safely
- IOSH Working Safely
- IPAF MEWPs for Managers
- PASMA - Low Level Access
- CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Retail
- IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management (e-learning/disance learning)
- IEMA Associate Certificate in Environmental Management (e-learning/distance learning)
- OHSAS 18001:2007 Implementation
- OHSAS 18001 Lead Auditor *IRCA Certified A17036
- ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management Training
- ISO 14001:2004 Lead Environmental Auditor IEMA Approved
- ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems (QMS) Lead Auditor Training Course
IOSH APPROVED TRAINING
IOSH, the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health, is a leading European health and safety body that sets professional standards, supports and develops members and provides authoritative advice and guidance on health and safety issues. IOSH work in partnership with training experts from a broad spectrum of sectors, to provide and develop both generic and tailored courses to suit a wide range of different roles in business. IOSH training packages are delivered by a network of over 1100 training organisations and in-house teams across the UK and overseas to provide and Health and Safety solutions for your training needs. SMTS have been an accredited provider of IOSH courses for a number of years now and are currently licensed to deliver IOSH Managing Safely and IOSH Working Safely.
IOSH Managing Safely
IOSH Managing Safely is a nationally recognised qualification in the UK. The course is designed to enable delegates to understand health and safety legislation and it’s implication to them. It helps them to identify, review and manage risk effectively within their own organisation so that they can manage and improve health and safety within their department.
IOSH Managing Safely is designed for managers, supervisors and any personnel who are required to manage health, safety, risk and resources within their organisation in order to be compliant with legal requirements and their own organisational policies and procedures. Although the course is designed for line managers requiring a broad based knowledge of health, safety and safe systems of work, the course is also suitable for those who do not wish to progress to the level of professional qualification, but would benefit from attending an accredited health and safety management course.
The training course lasts for 24 hours and can be delivered over a full week or as single days to suit your needs. This flexible high impact programme covers all the main health and safety topics and includes a session on tackling the environment too.
On successful completion of the course, which includes practical and written assessments, candidates will duly be awarded an IOSH Managing Safely Certificate. It should be noted that these certificates are valid for three years from the date the course is completed. IOSH Managing Safely re-certification courses are available through SMTS and require successful completion before a new Certificate can be issued.
The IOSH Managing Safely certificate provides the perfect basis to progress onto a NEBOSH General Certificate in the future.
IOSH Working Safely
IOSH Working Safely provides the grounding in the essentials of health and safety. All employees at work should have an understanding of why they must work safely and this course offers exactly that. It introduces a new approach to health and safety training by the use of state of the art animation and interactive exercises. The course is designed for people from any sector with no supervisory or managerial responsibility in order to develop an awareness of the basic knowledge and skills needed to work safely within an organisation. It aims to convey to staff the importance of how their individual and collective actions contribute to health and safety in the workplace and ensures that responsibilities are understood. The course has jargon-free technical content based on what people need to know in practice and covers real scenarios designed to drive home the practical learning points. The course is particularly beneficial for those who have had no previous formal health and safety training.
Working Safely is delivered as a one day training course, covering a minimum of 6 hours of tuition. Delegates who successfully complete the written and practical assessments will receive either a IOSH Working Safely Certificate or an IOSH passport card, which are valid for three years.