- e-Learning ** NEW **
- UKPIA/SPA Petrol Retail Contractors Safety Passport
- UKPIA/SPA Petrol Update, Improve & Renew (Refresher)
- UKATA approved (Cat. A) Asbestos Awareness Course
- UKATA Approved Working with Non-Licensed Asbestos (Cat-B)
- IPAF (Dual) Mobile Vertical (3a) + (3b) Mobile Boom - Operator
- IPAF Single certificate (3a)
- IPAF Single certificate (3b)
- IPAF Single certificate (1b)
- IPAF - Triple product (1b, 3a & 3b)
- IPAF Harness Use and Inspection
- PASMA - Mobile Access Tower for Users
- SMSTS - Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (CITB)
- SMSTS - Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (Refresher)
- SSSTS - Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (CITB)
- CCNSG Safety Passport (2-day)
- Site Supervisors’ Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) Refresher Site Safety Plus (CITB)
- Site Safety Plus - Health and Safety Awareness (CITB)
- CDM (2007) Awareness
- Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme (SEATS) (CITB)
- Temporary Works Co-ordinator (Site Safety Plus)
- First Aid at Work (3-days)
- First Aid at Work Re-qualification
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- SPA - Food and Drink Safety Passport
- SPA - Food and Drink Safety Passport (Refresher)
- Fire Marshal/Warden Certificate Course
- Practical Fire Safety Awareness Course
- IOSH Managing Safely
- IOSH Working Safely
- IPAF MEWPs for Managers
- PASMA - Low Level Access
- CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Retail
- IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management (e-learning/disance learning)
- IEMA Associate Certificate in Environmental Management (e-learning/distance learning)
- OHSAS 18001:2007 Implementation
- OHSAS 18001 Lead Auditor *IRCA Certified A17036
- ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management Training
- ISO 14001:2004 Lead Environmental Auditor IEMA Approved
- ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems (QMS) Lead Auditor Training Course
Meet the senior team
Whether it's in-depth experience, sharp industry knowledge or simply an approachable style, each member of our team brings something different - and valuable - to SMTS. A progressive approach means we are always focused on staying up-to-date with the latest training techniques and accreditations; but it's our people who make the difference and have earned us a reputation for outstanding teaching.
Jamie Cliffe, Group Managing Director
Jamie has more than 20 years' experience within the petroleum downstream environment, 10 of which were as a health and safety training manager responsible for the development of over 750 staff. Quality, consistency and a real passion to build people's knowledge are at the core of Jamie's philosophy - key drivers behind what SMTS is all about today.
Chris Banbury - Group Business Development Director
Chris has 17 years of sales and marketing experience ranging from the competitive world of consumer publishing to the cutting edge environment of digital marketing. Friendly and approachable, Chris is passionate about ensuring that clients, and potential clients, benefit from the high level of service and training quality that SMTS offers and most importantly end up with a training solution that is right for them.
Wale Bakare, Executive Director (Nigeria)
Wale is a highly regarded Health and Safety professional whose knowledge and expertise in the field means he is frequently sought out buy the broadcast media in Nigeria and beyond to air his views on Health and Safety and other matters.
Wale's experience and expertise in Health and Safety has afforded him the opportunity to coordinate and supervise many H&S projects in the public and private sector across Nigeria.
As a member of The Technical Committee on the Review of The Water Sector & Sanitation Policy in Lagos State, Wale has been heavily involved in the development of policies and systems to help the State Water Agencies achieve compliance with the requirements of OHSAS 18001:2000. Wale is an Executive of the Nigerian Institute of Safety Professionals (now ISPON) and holds memberships of The Association of First Aiders (UK), The Institution for Occupational Safety & Health ( IOSH U.K.) and The American Society of Safety Engineers.
SMTS South Africa
Max Koen, Executive Director (South Africa)
Max joined the SMTS team in 2013 as the Executive Director of SA SMTS (South African Safety Management Training and Service (PTY) Ltd). With a background in hazardous location management/systems, inspections, audits and area classifications and he has over 16 years’ experience in the field.
Max is a registered Assessor at EWSETA for the national hazardous location unit standards as well as being one of only two International Accredited CompEx Assessors / Trainers in Africa. His facilty HAZLOC Consultants & Training is the only CompEx Accredited training facility in the Southern Hemisphere.
Currently Max is an active member of Standards South Africa (STANSA) Technical Committee TC 65, South Africa National Committee (SANC) IEC Technical Committee and are also an Executive Memeber of the South African Flameproof Association. He is also an Technical Expert / Auditor for the South African National Accreditation System (SANAS)