- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- NEBOSH International General Certificate
- NEBOSH International Construction Certificate
- NEBOSH International Fire Safety and Risk Management Certificate
- NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work
- IOSH Directing Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely
- IOSH Working Safely
- UKATA recognised (Cat. A) Asbestos Awareness Course
- SMSTS - Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (CITB)
- SMSTS - Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (Refresher)
- SSSTS - Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (CITB)
- UKPIA/SPA Petrol Retail Contractors Safety Passport
- UKPIA/SPA Petrol Retail Contractors Safety Passport (Refresher)
- SPA - Food and Drink Safety Passport
- SPA - Food and Drink Safety Passport (Refresher)
- CCNSG Safety Passport (2-day)
- First Aid at Work (3-days)
- First Aid at Work Re-qualification
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Fire Marshal/Warden Certificate Course
- Practical Fire Safety Awareness Course
- IPAF - Triple product (1b, 3a & 3b)
- IPAF (Dual) Mobile Vertical (3a) + (3b) Mobile Boom - Operator
- IPAF MEWPs for Managers
- PASMA - Mobile Access Tower for Users
- PASMA - Low Level Access
- CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Retail
Meet the senior team
Whether it's in-depth experience, sharp industry knowledge or simply an approachable style, each member of our team brings something different - and valuable - to SMTS. A progressive approach means we are always focused on staying up-to-date with the latest training techniques and accreditations; but it's our people who make the difference and have earned us a reputation for outstanding teaching.
Jamie Cliffe, Managing Director
Jamie has more than 20 years' experience within the petroleum downstream environment, 10 of which were as a health and safety training manager responsible for the development of over 750 staff. Quality, consistency and a real passion to build people's knowledge are at the core of Jamie's philosophy - key drivers behind what SMTS is all about today.
Steve Perrin - Group Operations Director
Steve Perrin, formerly UK Health and Safety Manager and Customer Training Officer for Chubb Fire and Security joined the SMTS team, as Senior Health and Safety Consultant in September 2009. Steve has sixteen years experience with Chubb where, as H&S and Environment Manager, he was responsible for implementing safety polices and training staff to senior level and as Customer Training Officer he offered practical and procedural advice to a range of companies, from SMEs through to blue chips.
In addition to general health and safety consultancy work for our full roster of clients Steve will be driving SMTS's fire risk assessment and training offering. This is a new cost-efficient Fire Risk Assessment service which will provide risk assessments and reports, on-the-spot feedback on any hazards identified, appraisals of past inspections, as well as advice on compliance with the latest fire regulations, training and actions that need to be taken to reduce risk.
Chris Banbury - Group Business Development Director
Chris has 14 years of sales and marketing experience ranging from the competitive world of consumer publishing to the cutting edge environment of digital marketing. Friendly and approachable, Chris is passionate about ensuring that clients, and potential clients, benefit from the high level of service and training quality that SMTS offers and most importantly end up with a training solution that is right for them.
Introducing SMTS’ senior team -
Jamie Richardson, Operations Manager
Coming from an industrial background, Jamie joined the business in 2005 having been the health and safety manager for a large glazing company. Jamie brought with him a wealth of knowledge of the construction and manufacturing industries, and draws on this to define the health, safety and training requirements for our clients.
Fiona Murray, Training Co-ordinator
15 years as a training manager has seen Fiona build up vast experience of developing training courses for clients. It means she is well placed to work with our teams and ensure consistency in the quality of our training delivery. In 2007 Fiona was responsible for writing a bespoke training program for a major client, which is to be rolled out across Europe.
Joe Leonard - Senior Training Advisor
With over 22 years experience in his field, Joe is responsible for all first aid related training for SMTS. Highly quality conscious, Joe also handles the administration for the teams that deliver training in these areas.