- e-Learning Courses
- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- NEBOSH International General Certificate
- NEBOSH International General Certificate (en Francais)
- NEBOSH International Construction Certificate
- NEBOSH International Fire Safety and Risk Management Certificate
- IOSH Directing Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely
- NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work
- IOSH Working Safely
- UKATA recognised (Cat. A) Asbestos Awareness Course
- SMSTS - Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (CITB)
- SMSTS - Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (Refresher)
- SSSTS - Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (CITB)
- Site Safety Plus - Health and Safety Awareness (CITB)
- UKPIA/SPA Petrol Retail Contractors Safety Passport
- UKPIA/SPA Petrol Update, Improve & Renew (Refresher)
- SPA - Food and Drink Safety Passport
- SPA - Food and Drink Safety Passport (Refresher)
- CCNSG Safety Passport (2-day)
- CDM (2007) Awareness
- First Aid at Work (3-days)
- First Aid at Work Re-qualification
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Fire Marshal/Warden Certificate Course
- Practical Fire Safety Awareness Course
- IPAF - Triple product (1b, 3a & 3b)
- IPAF (Dual) Mobile Vertical (3a) + (3b) Mobile Boom - Operator
- IPAF MEWPs for Managers
- PASMA - Mobile Access Tower for Users
- PASMA - Low Level Access
- CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Retail
- NEBOSH International Diploma (e-learning/distance learning)
- NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety (e-learning/distance learning)
- NEBOSH Award in Health, Safety and Environment for the Process Industries (e-learning/distance learning)
- NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management (e-learning/distance learning)
- IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management (e-learning/disance learning)
- IEMA Associate Certificate in Environmental Management (e-learning/distance learning)
- NEBOSH Environmental Diploma (e-learning/distance learning)
- OHSAS 18001:2007 Implementation
- OHSAS 18001 Lead Auditor *IRCA Certified A17036
- ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management Training
- ISO 14001:2004 Lead Environmental Auditor IEMA Approved
- ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems (QMS) Lead Auditor Training Course
SPA SAFETY PASSPORTS
The SPA or Safety Pass Alliance was established in response to the needs identified within industry and has undertaken to develop and extend the safety passport culture across many sectors of industry. The SPA is committed to providing a nationally recognised standard of health and safety training which is cost effective, easily accessible, assesses delegate’s knowledge and caters for each industry sector. The ethos of the SPA is to make a positive enhancement of health and safety standards at all levels among workers in the participating sectors. The Safety Pass Alliance have an extensive background in both industry and the design of Safety Passport Training Programmes that focus on delivery of essential health and safety knowledge and safe working practices to all employees.
Course delegates are trained over two days. The Core session forms the first day of training and ensures that delegates grasp the basics of general health and safety good practice. The second day covers sector specific training.
Successful trainees are issued with a robust Passport photocard which is tamper-proof, secure and easy to verify. This nationally recognised scheme reflects HSE guidance and is supported by numerous work sectors. The passport is a result of consultation between clients and the Safety Pass Alliance, who have jointly developed a scheme to provide information and training on key safety issues to ensure that workers go home safely at the end of their working day.
There are a number of Safety Passports available and we at SMTS are a licenced training provider of SPA courses and currently offer the following:
• Core Day
This consists of 6 modules covering general aspects of general health and safety.
Petrol Retail Safety Passport (UK, South Africa & Turkey)
The SPA Petrol Retail passport has been written by the industry for the industry sector. The training is the product of a unique collaboration between the UK Petroleum Industry Association (UK PIA) and the SPA.
Working on Petrol Station Forecourts presents some very specific issues, not least the safety of the public. For this reason the SPA and UK PIA have developed the Petrol Retail Safety Passport to ensure that workers in the industry and particularly contractors working on forecourts, are trained to meet specific standards. Oil Companies and Supermarket Petrol retailers require contractors to complete this two day course before they are allowed to work on their petrol stations.
The petrol sector day focuses on the practical issues of identifying potential hazards, safe work practices and controlling a work programme on the forecourt.
Contractors should first undergo the Core day training which ensures that they grasp the basics of general good practice in health and safety, before then completing the Petrol sector day.
This programme is acknowledged by the HSE (Health and Safety Executive) and aims to drive good practice through the contractor supply chain increasing safety awareness and contributing to higher standards of health and safety in the petrol industry.
SMTS is a leading training provider of this Petrol Retail Passport, offering courses on a nationwide and client –specific basis. This passport is valid for three years, and SMTS also offer the one-day Petrol Update, Improve & Renew course (Refresher) to renew the passport. SMTS also run the one day version of this Petrol Safety Passport course for Service Station Operators (Site Operators) who, upon successful completion of course assessments receive an SPA Site Operators Certificate.
SOUTH AFRICA: 2013 has seen the launch of the SA PIA/SPA Safety Pasport scheme. With our unparalleled experience in this field SMTS Ltd, through our Sasolburg based branch, has been invited to be involved inthe scheme from day 1. Our first courses will run in November 2013 and we will be working closely with the Oil Companies and their supply chain of contractors to ensure that the contractors meet their 2014 deadlines for holding their SAPIA/SPA Safety Passport cards to demonstrate their knowledge and awareness of the risks and hazards of working in a Petroleum Forecourt environment.
As with our UK program we will be offering SA companies the option of selivering an in-compny course at your premises or access to our comprehensive schedule of open course dates. Let us know ho we can help you.
Food and Drink Safety Passport
This safety passport is aimed at contractors who work in food and drink manufacturing. It focuses on hygiene, food safety, specific environmental issues and health and safety practices. The passport’s food and drink module is the product of a collaboration between major clients in the sector including, Northern Foods, Geest, Kelloggs Europe, Nestlé UK, Cadbury Trebor Bassett and Bass Brewers. In addition, contractor organisations such as the Processing and Packaging Machinery Association (PPMA) played an invaluable role in validating the training material.
The food and drink day focuses on the practical issues of food protection, environmental protection and health and safety issues associated with working in this sector.
The Food and Drink passport takes one day but trainees will need to undergo the Core training day first, which ensures the delegates grasp the basics of general good practice in health and safety. A one-day refresher course is available once the original pass expires.
CCNSG SAFETY PASSPORT (2-DAY)
The aim of the CCNSG Safety Passport Scheme is to ensure a basic knowledge of health and safety for all site personnel working in an industrial environment. This will enable them, after appropriate site induction, to work on site as safely as possible with lower risk to themselves and others.
The course is appropriate for anyone working in an industrial environment from labourers to project managers. There is an additional day for Supervisors, if required, which emphasises the key role that supervisors have in securing health and safety communications and risk management.
Delegates who successfully complete the multiple choice assessments will receive the CCNSG Passport card which is valid for three years, at the end of which they may undertake the 1-day refresher course to renew their CCNSG Safety Passport for a further 3 years.
The CCNSG Safety Passport Training Programme is monitored and controlled by a national steering group known as the Client/Contractor National Safety Group (CCNSG) who are there to ensure that standards are being maintained and that the content of the training programme continues to meet current safety legislation and current safety practices. SMTS is a fully accredited provider of this course.