- Temporary Works Co-ordinator (Site Safety Plus)
- e-Learning ** NEW **
- UKPIA/SPA Petrol Retail Contractors Safety Passport
- UKPIA/SPA Petrol Update, Improve & Renew (Refresher)
- UKATA approved (Cat. A) Asbestos Awareness Course
- UKATA Approved Working with Non-Licensed Asbestos (Cat-B)
- IPAF (Dual) Mobile Vertical (3a) + (3b) Mobile Boom - Operator
- IPAF Single certificate (3a)
- IPAF Single certificate (3b)
- IPAF Single certificate (1b)
- IPAF - Triple product (1b, 3a & 3b)
- SMSTS - Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (Refresher)
- IPAF Harness Use and Inspection
- SPA - Food and Drink Safety Passport
- SPA - Food and Drink Safety Passport (Refresher)
- SMSTS - Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (CITB)
- SSSTS - Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (CITB)
- CCNSG Safety Passport (2-day)
- Site Supervisors’ Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) Refresher Site Safety Plus (CITB)
- Site Safety Plus - Health and Safety Awareness (CITB)
- CDM (2007) Awareness
- Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme (SEATS) (CITB)
- First Aid at Work (3-days)
- First Aid at Work Re-qualification
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Fire Marshal/Warden Certificate Course
- Practical Fire Safety Awareness Course
- IOSH Managing Safely
- IOSH Working Safely
- IPAF MEWPs for Managers
- PASMA - Low Level Access
- CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Retail
- IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management (e-learning/disance learning)
- IEMA Associate Certificate in Environmental Management (e-learning/distance learning)
- PASMA - Mobile Access Tower for Users
- OHSAS 18001:2007 Implementation
- OHSAS 18001 Lead Auditor *IRCA Certified A17036
- ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management Training
- ISO 14001:2004 Lead Environmental Auditor IEMA Approved
- ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems (QMS) Lead Auditor Training Course
Delivering Health and Safety training and other safety services in South Africa
SMTS operates in SA as South African Safety Management Training and Services [SA SMTS] (Pty) Ltd. TheSouth Africa Team is headed up by Max Koen.
Max has significant experience of operating in Hazardous environments through his time with SASOL and is extremely keen to assist and be involved in the development and improvement of understanding of Occupational Health and Safety needs in Southern Africa. We have already enjoyed great satisfaction so far in South Africa with the outcomes of many of our students undertaking interationally recognised 2-week safety management courses; the candidates have returned to their companies making an impact both on the improvement of Health and Safety within their workplaces and also on their own career progression. SA SMTS (Pty) Ltd) are pleased to offer a range of services and training courses to organisations and individuals in Southern Africa, with a variety of venues on offer for Open courses and the capability to provide in-house courses to organisations, for which substantial cost savings can be made.
The following services and training are examples of what SA SMTS (Pty) Ltd can offer:
• Consultancy Services: to audit and assess legislative and company procedural compliance and to assist in the development and improvement of company policy. Can be retained to act as your organisation’s ‘safety competent person’.
• Client/Contractor Audits and Management: Specific Audits can be developed for a variety of industries to determine suitability and competency of contractors and exercise ‘due diligence’ of Main Contractor.
• Advisory Services: Carry out Site or Location Inspections to identify significant risks with corrective advice, eg short-term advisory provision; Construction Site Safety Adviser; etc.
• Risk Assessments: carry out, review and develop Risk Assessments for organisations.
• Policy Writing: Development of ‘suitable and sufficient’ Policies for organisations to meet legislative requirements.
• Development of Safe Systems of Work: including procedures, Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Permit-To-Work systems.
• IOSH Managing Safely
• IOSH Working Safely
• Work at Height Safety and Awareness (Ladders/Mobile Tower Scaffolds/Roof Work/MEWPs)
• Emergency Procedures (to cover a whole range of Emergency Scenarios; from Confined Spaces to Accidents to Fire, Gas Leaks, Bomb Threats, Lone and Vulnerable Working, Working Abroad and many more or as required)
• Risk Assessment (courses can be customised to suit any client-specific procedures)
• Accident Reporting, Recording and Investigation
• SA SPA Petrol Retail Contractor and Dealer Safety Passport
• Health and Safety Policy Writing
• Asbestos Awareness Training (including United Kingdom Asbestos Training Association - UKATA - Certification)
Additional training and courses can be provided to meet HWSETA standards and NQF levels for career and professional development.
New to the SA SMTS Team:
Mercy Ihekoronye, Sales & Marketing Executive (South Africa)
Mercy is our newest recruit to the SA SMTS team. She joins us with a wealth of International experience in the Health and Safety sector and is looking forward to speaking with you to help identify the areas of your business that SA SMTS can support.
You can reach Mercy by email: email@example.com or on the telephone number below.
If you would like more information on any of our other services, or to discuss your specific requirements, please contact SA SMTS (Pty) Ltd on firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the 2016 SA PIA timetable please see: SA PIA: When and Where with SMTS Ltd >>
Please note that the SA PIA course is aligned to the SETA standard as follows: Unit Standard Alignment: CHIETA (Chemical Industry Education and Training Authority) Standard 244063.
To download your printer friendly version of the SMTS South Africa corporate consultancy brochure click here
< Click the button to go to SA SMTS's Facebook page and 'Like' us
South African Safety Management and Training Services (PTY) Ltd
|SA SMTS (PTY) Ltd
4 Mercury Street
Naledi Industrial Park
PO Box 1021, Sasolburg, 1947
Tel: +27 (0)16 971 4942/3
E-Mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org