- e-Learning Courses
- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- NEBOSH International General Certificate
- NEBOSH International General Certificate (en Francais)
- NEBOSH International Construction Certificate
- NEBOSH International Fire Safety and Risk Management Certificate
- IOSH Directing Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely
- NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work
- IOSH Working Safely
- UKATA recognised (Cat. A) Asbestos Awareness Course
- SMSTS - Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (CITB)
- SMSTS - Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (Refresher)
- SSSTS - Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (CITB)
- Site Safety Plus - Health and Safety Awareness (CITB)
- UKPIA/SPA Petrol Retail Contractors Safety Passport
- UKPIA/SPA Petrol Update, Improve & Renew (Refresher)
- SPA - Food and Drink Safety Passport
- SPA - Food and Drink Safety Passport (Refresher)
- CCNSG Safety Passport (2-day)
- CDM (2007) Awareness
- First Aid at Work (3-days)
- First Aid at Work Re-qualification
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Fire Marshal/Warden Certificate Course
- Practical Fire Safety Awareness Course
- IPAF - Triple product (1b, 3a & 3b)
- IPAF (Dual) Mobile Vertical (3a) + (3b) Mobile Boom - Operator
- IPAF MEWPs for Managers
- PASMA - Mobile Access Tower for Users
- PASMA - Low Level Access
- CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Retail
- NEBOSH International Diploma (e-learning/distance learning)
- NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety (e-learning/distance learning)
- NEBOSH Award in Health, Safety and Environment for the Process Industries (e-learning/distance learning)
- NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management (e-learning/distance learning)
- IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management (e-learning/disance learning)
- IEMA Associate Certificate in Environmental Management (e-learning/distance learning)
- NEBOSH Environmental Diploma (e-learning/distance learning)
- OHSAS 18001:2007 Implementation
- OHSAS 18001 Lead Auditor *IRCA Certified A17036
- ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management Training
- ISO 14001:2004 Lead Environmental Auditor IEMA Approved
- ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems (QMS) Lead Auditor Training Course
Delivering NEBOSH training and other safety services in South Africa
NEBOSH courses are now available across South Africa from leading International Health and Safety training provider SMTS. We have a full schedule of NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) courses in Centurion, Cape Town and Durban. SMTS are also the first company to offer you access to Open courses for the NEBOSH International Construction Certificate (ICC) which we are running in Centurion and Cape Town.
SMTS operates in SA as South African Safety Management Training and Services [SA SMTS] (Pty) Ltd. TheSouth Africa Team is headed up by Max Koen.
Max has significant experience of operating in Hazardous environments through his time with SASOL and is extremely keen to assist and be involved in the development and improvement of understanding of Occupational Health and Safety needs in Southern Africa. We have already enjoyed great satisfaction so far in South Africa with the outcomes of many of ourNEBOSH candidates making an impact both on the improvement of Health and Safety within their workplaces and also on their own career progression. SA SMTS (Pty) Ltd) are pleased to offer a range of services and training courses to organisations and individuals in Southern Africa, with a variety of venues on offer for Open courses and the capability to provide in-house courses to organisations, for which substantial cost savings can be made.
The following services and training are examples of what SA SMTS (Pty) Ltd can offer:
• Consultancy Services: to audit and assess legislative and company procedural compliance and to assist in the development and improvement of company policy. Can be retained to act as your organisation’s ‘safety competent person’.
• Client/Contractor Audits and Management: Specific Audits can be developed for a variety of industries to determine suitability and competency of contractors and exercise ‘due diligence’ of Main Contractor.
• Advisory Services: Carry out Site or Location Inspections to identify significant risks with corrective advice, eg short-term advisory provision; Construction Site Safety Adviser; etc.
• Risk Assessments: carry out, review and develop Risk Assessments for organisations.
• Policy Writing: Development of ‘suitable and sufficient’ Policies for organisations to meet legislative requirements.
• Development of Safe Systems of Work: including procedures, Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Permit-To-Work systems.
• NEBOSH International General Certificate
• NEBOSH International Certificate in Construction Safety
• NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety (Junior Managers/Supervisors/Experienced Workers)
• IOSH Directing Safely
• IOSH Safety For Senior Executives
• IOSH Managing Safely
• IOSH Working Safely
• Work at Height Safety and Awareness (Ladders/Mobile Tower Scaffolds/Roof Work/MEWPs)
• Emergency Procedures (to cover a whole range of Emergency Scenarios; from Confined Spaces to Accidents to Fire, Gas Leaks, Bomb Threats, Lone and Vulnerable Working, Working Abroad and many more or as required)
• Risk Assessment (courses can be customised to suit any client-specific procedures)
• Accident Reporting, Recording and Investigation
• SA SPA Petrol Retail Contractor and Dealer Safety Passport
• Health and Safety Policy Writing
• Asbestos Awareness Training (including United Kingdom Asbestos Training Association - UKATA - Certification)
Additional training and courses can be provided to meet HWSETA standards and NQF levels for career and professional development.
New to the SA SMTS Team:
Mercy Ihekoronye, Sales & Marketing Executive (South Africa)
Mercy is our newest recruit to the SA SMTS team. She joins us with a wealth of International experience in the Health and Safety sector and is looking forward to speaking with you to help identify the areas of your business that SA SMTS can support.
You can reach Mercy by email: email@example.com or on the telephone number below.
Do the people responsible for Health and Safety within in your organisation have the best qualification?
South African businesses increasingly require employees to have completed this global benchmark in safety management qualification and SMTS pioneered courses in Cape Town and Durban which achieved spectacularly good results. Indeed the Durban course achieved an 86% first time pass rate; with all of those passing doing so with credit or distinction grades. The Cape Town course also achieved a superb 75% of candidates passing with credit grade or better Indeed, SMTS’s first time pass rate was 20% higher than the average overall pass rate for NEBOSH International General Certificate.
The courses were so successful that delegates came from Ireland, Portugal, Madagascar and the Gulf and from such diverse roles as plumbing, banking and medical diving.
Bill Hemsley, one of SMTS’s international tutors, describes the two five-day sessions he ran in Durban as one of the best courses he has ever run.
‘There was an extraordinary group dynamic in the training room which led to the candidates becoming the best of friends by the end of the course.’
The Cape Town course also comprised two sessions of five days, and Hemsley explains the reason for candidate’s attendance:
‘Their motivation was career progression as a Health and Safety qualification is seen as an essential requirement in many parts of the world.’
Ken Spengler who attended the Cape Town course was full of praise:
‘Bill Hemsley made a course that has the potential to be delivered in a very boring way and which involves so much work, really exciting and informative. I really enjoyed it. Bill has a knack of explaining things by drawing from examples that only comes with years of hands on experience, and general life experiences.’
From this very firm foundation SMTS has expanded it’s South African courses to include Pretoria, Cape Town, Johannesburg, Port Elizabeth and Bloemfontein and is proud that, having taken the initiative, SMTS is experiencing very rapid growth in this area and fully expects that its NEBOSH International General Certificate courses in South Africa will continue to deliver the high quality pass rates that we have become renowned for.
For full details of all open courses and for details on how to apply please click here. If you would like more information on any of our other services, or to discuss your specific requirements, please contact SA SMTS (Pty) Ltd on firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the 2016 NEBOSH International General Certificate timetable please see: IGC: When and Where with SMTS Ltd >>
To view the 2016 SA PIA timetable please see: SA PIA: When and Where with SMTS Ltd >>
Please note that the SA PIA course is aligned to the SETA standard as follows: Unit Standard Alignment: CHIETA (Chemical Industry Education and Training Authority) Standard 244063.
To download your printer friendly version of the SMTS South Africa corporate consultancy brochure click here
< Click the button to go to SA SMTS's Facebook page and 'Like' us
South African Safety Management and Training Services (PTY) Ltd
|SA SMTS (PTY) Ltd
4 Mercury Street
Naledi Industrial Park
PO Box 1021, Sasolburg, 1947
Tel: +27 (0)16 971 4942/3