- e-Learning ** NEW **
- UKPIA/SPA Petrol Update, Improve & Renew (Refresher)
- UKATA approved (Cat. A) Asbestos Awareness Course
- UKATA Approved Working with Non-Licensed Asbestos (Cat-B)
- IPAF (Dual) Mobile Vertical (3a) + (3b) Mobile Boom - Operator
- IPAF - Triple product (1b, 3a & 3b)
- IPAF Harness Use and Inspection
- PASMA - Mobile Access Tower for Users
- SMSTS - Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (CITB)
- SMSTS - Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (Refresher)
- SSSTS - Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (CITB)
- CCNSG Safety Passport (2-day)
- Site Supervisors’ Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) Refresher Site Safety Plus (CITB)
- Site Safety Plus - Health and Safety Awareness (CITB)
- CDM (2007) Awareness
- Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme (SEATS) (CITB)
- Temporary Works Co-ordinator (Site Safety Plus)
- First Aid at Work (3-days)
- First Aid at Work Re-qualification
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- SPA - Food and Drink Safety Passport
- SPA - Food and Drink Safety Passport (Refresher)
- Fire Marshal/Warden Certificate Course
- Practical Fire Safety Awareness Course
- IOSH Managing Safely
- IOSH Working Safely
- IPAF MEWPs for Managers
- PASMA - Low Level Access
- CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Retail
- IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management (e-learning/disance learning)
- IEMA Associate Certificate in Environmental Management (e-learning/distance learning)
- OHSAS 18001:2007 Implementation
- OHSAS 18001 Lead Auditor *IRCA Certified A17036
- ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management Training
- ISO 14001:2004 Lead Environmental Auditor IEMA Approved
- ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems (QMS) Lead Auditor Training Course
Just a few things our clients have to say
We take the time to listen to clients' individual needs from the very outset - the key to building a strong relationship and achieving lasting results, whether on the training or consultancy side of our business. It's an approach our clients appreciate.
- Growing business through a well trained workforce
- Relationships that help clients stay up-to-date
- Bringing personality to professionalism
- Safety knowledge that stretches across Europe
- Committed to delivering a quality solution
- Courses designed around specific requirements
- A positive influence across the supply chain
- They understand our business needs
- The best training and all round service I have experienced
- In-depth Fire Risk Assessment to meet our stringent business needs.
- International training at an international standard
- NEBOSH group courses - Excellent Service and Value for Money
- Excellent Nebosh course
- SMTS Trainers excel again
- SMTS restoring confidence
- Exceptional course management produces another happy customer
- Upbeat and very informative
- Engaging Trainers
- UKPIA, another great delivery
- Interesting and informative UKPIA
Growing business through a well trained workforce
"Our business has grown from a start-up in 2002 to market leader in our industry. From the very start, we have taken advice and guidance from SMTS and always found them supportive, flexible and keen to assist. The feedback from our teams attending their wide range of courses is always positive, and we see them as a key supply chain partner."
Steve Martin Xmo Strata Ltd
Relationships that help clients stay up-to-date
"Thanks for all your help in the last year. You have been a brilliant help, and the regular updates are invaluable."
Maureen Conlin Dresser Wayne Pignone - Global Leaders in Fuel Dispensing Equipment, Technology, Services & Solutions
Bringing personality to professionalism
"SMTS has demonstrated such a high level of professionalism in our dealings with them. Pleasantly surprising is the blend of warmth and efficiency exhibited by all members of staff. Our relationship with SMTS has in no small measure enhanced our profile as safety training providers here in Nigeria."
Wale Bakare Executive Director, Pottersmark Services Limited, Nigeria
Safety knowledge that stretches across Europe
"We have been working with SMTS on the content, logistics and delivery of safety courses for construction workers in the petroleum industry. Despite the complexities of the requirements to deliver across Europe, and potentially further afield, SMTS has risen to every challenge. Their expertise and knowledge of health and safety issues is unquestionable and the service provided by the team has been excellent."
Roddy Gabell Senior Project Manager Atkins Management Consultants
Committed to delivering a quality solution
"SMTS was instrumental in designing, creating and producing a health and safety training CD for our business - on time and within budget. SMTS ensured they gained a full understanding of our needs and made valued recommendations to help make the project a success. I have received excellent feedback not only internally but also from our customers and the wider industry."
Alison Welham Dealer Programmes Co-ordinator, BP Oil UK Limited
Courses designed around specific requirements
"SMTS provided an excellent one day course tailor made to our training requirements, which was informative and interesting."
Jacob Snellings Trainee Manager, Sainsbury's Contract, Haden Building Management
A positive influence across the supply chain
"SMTS continues to be our safety passport trainer of choice, and they have moved our HSSE accreditation to the next level. In addition to reviewing systems and procedures, they continue to encourage and influence behavioural safety amongst our supply chain, and offer valuable assistance on this difficult subject."
Martin Rackley UK HSSE Manager, BP/Global Alliance, Bovis Lend Lease
They understand our business needs
"We have been using SMTS for our training nationally close to four years and found them to deliver to a high standard, in all aspects of their operation. They understand our business needs, are flexible in their approach and will always go that extra mile to accommodate us in a courteous and efficient manner. SMTS continue to be our training provider of choice"
Paul Whiston Regional Manager - Malthurst Retail
The best training and all round service I have experienced
Thank you to all the SMTS team! From the very start when looking to book my recent UKPIA Passport course for Petroleum works the team could not have been more helpful, the course was run and executed with precision and Joe Leonard showed nothing but professionalism and confidence through out the two days, and to help things along the fantastic sense of humour. I would not hesitate to contact SMTS for further training as not only are they the best I have experienced but are always on the end of the phone to help with queries, well done and hope to see you again soon.
Jamie Shelton Duchy Contracts ltd
In-depth Fire Risk Assessment to meet our stringent business needs.
Our Fire Safety documentation needed to be updated and brought into line with the high H&S standards we insist upon throughout our business.Steve’s visit was both informative and helpful. We were presented with the Fire Risk Assessment and action-plan at the end of the visit which was invaluable as it meant that we could crack on with the remedial action immediately instead of having to wait days or even weeks. We found SMTS Ltd’s Fire Risk Assessment service to be much more comprehensive than any fire safety documentation or consultancy that we had previously experienced, and more in-depth than I had expected.
M.W. Nicholson McLaren Ltd
International training at an international standard
I found the knowledge gained from the course very enriching, the conduct and delivery was international standard. Thanks to Pottersmark and SMTS
Commander Segun Seidu Nigerian Navy
NEBOSH group courses - Excellent Service and Value for Money
The NEBOSH National General Certificate course is part of the mandatory training requirement for Station Managers of Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service. We bring the candidates together and conduct the course in our Training and Development Centre using an external specialist provider. We had used our previous course provider for some time and wanted a fresh approach to the training delivered, this led us to go to the market to benchmark the incumbent provider and assess whether there might be a better alternative. From our initial enquiry, through their website, SMTS Ltd have demonstrated a high level of professionalism. They were willing to provide a flexible approach to accommodate our unique operational constraints and provided customer service that was second to none, any query we had was answered promptly either by telephone or email. These high standards were carried through to the classroom where the tutor engaged the group and gave them the confidence to tackle this challenging course. Despite the intensity of the training program our first course with SMTS Ltd generated positive feedback from all candidates and, most importantly, resulted in all 17 candidates successfully passing, with the group collectively achieving 14 Credits and 1 Distinction. This high quality service was excellent value for money. Dealing with SMTS Ltd has been a breath of fresh air for GMFRS we have already booked our next course and I would happily recommend them to anybody looking for NEBOSH National General Certificate training.
Nicki Williams, Senior Development Co-ordinator Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service
Excellent Nebosh course
From the initial enquiry through the running of the course, SMTS have been excellent from start to finish. The enquiries were handled promptly and professionally, the course was run effectively and even the potentially dry subjects were made interesting. Steve Perrin was an excellent instructor and provided me with the confidence I needed to learn the material, have a practical understanding and pass the exam. I would gladly book any further training through SMTS and would recommend them to anyone. Regional QSE Advisor (UK - London & the South East)
SMTS Trainers excel again
“Excellent course content and lecture material, the tutor made and exceptional effort to make sure everyone understood”
SMTS restoring confidence
“I can now serve my organisation confidently”
Exceptional course management produces another happy customer
“Excellent explanation and illustrations from the tutor, overall management and content was exceptional”
Upbeat and very informative
"Excellent content with regards to vocation, trainer’s delivery was upbeat and very informative, superbly presented".
C. Connelly Salford
"Joe (our trainer) was a very knowledgeable and interesting to listen to, the course content was very clear and questions were very much encouraged."
Maria Palmer Tewksbury
UKPIA, another great delivery
"The UKPIA course was very well delivered and the trainer very well informed, the content was appropriate and explained very clearly."
Tom Young Dartford
Interesting and informative UKPIA
"Good presentation assisted with good videos. Course materials were interesting and informative, all round a great course."
Robert Pullinger Dartford